Monday, November 16, 2009

Halloween 2009

Okay, so it has been a long time coming, and I don't have the energy to catch up on the entire summer, so I will start up again with our Halloween adventures.

About every other year I decide to go all out and make the boys their halloween costumes. After spending hours working out the details, and pulling out my hair in frustration with my inexperience and poor performance with a sewing machine, I again decide that I will never do it again.

Two years ago we did a Cat in the Hat theme with Carter and Kai performing Thing1 and Thing 2 very well. Max was the fish in, or should I say out of the bowl. They turned out great, although Max never did learn how to shake his finger at the boys and say "No, no, no."

This years theme was Star Wars. It all started with Max requesting to be Master Yoda, and then Carter quickly picked Obi Wan, with Kai shouting "I want to be Luke Skywaker" shortly after. I looked up "how to make Jedi costumes" online, and thought it looked fairly straight forward. My first mistake was underestimating the number of do-overs and start-overs.

Long story short, they turned out fairly decent, but don't look too close because there are some major flaws.




1 comment:

Natalie said...

Those are awesome Deanna!!! Wow!