Thursday, March 26, 2009

We The People



When I was younger, meaning 6 months younger, I didn't watch the news, I didn't keep up with current affairs or politics,but I find myself compelled to do so now. Wade makes fun of me because I have FOX news on all of the time. Along with American Idol and Dancing With The Stars I DVR Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity. My eyes are now open to the corruption and payoffs in Washington, and I am NOT okay with it. What we are fed by the main media is misinformation and distorted, not to mention the lack of reporting the real issues, and shame on them. They are supposed to be on our side giving us all of the information from all angles. I am just one person, but I do have a voice, and I am starting to make it heard. For the first time, last week, I sent a fax to the President of the United States, and to the Reps and Senators in my State. It was fairly easy and again I am one person, but I did something. I have to admit, I'm scared for my children's futures. Our country is not headed toward freedom as far as I can tell. Being beholden to another because we owe them so much money is not a good place to be, can that really be called FREEDOM? Our church encourages us to get out of debt so we are not a slave to those we owe and so we are free from worry and obligations. When we are free of debt we are able to look around us and do some good. I wish the politicians in Washington would start looking out for our country and their constituents and not their own agenda.


I want to attend a Tea Party, I want my boys to see that I care about our country. I want them to be proud of it and not afraid to say what they believe. For FHE on Monday we will read some of the constitution and talk about how great America is. If you feel the way I do maybe you should be thinking of ways to make your voice be heard. Sorry for the soap box, but I am proud I am a conservative and will not hide my beliefs to spare someone else's feelings.

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -Samuel Adams

No comments: